Saturday, April 9, 2011

S'mores Pops

Tonight we are off to celebrate the 30th birthday of an amazing friend of ours.  We were told to arrive empty handed but I wanted to bring a tiny treat a long with me.  My amazingly creative sister-in-law recently made beautiful candy kabobs and I thought this was a super cute idea (pic on the right).


Can't go wrong with sweets on a stick! I wanted to put my own twist on it so I decided to make S'mores Pops.  They were super easy and turned out pretty cute.  Hope they are a hit tonight!



Ingredients
24 large 'mallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp butter
graham cracker crumbs
24 short skewers (or 12 large cut in half)

Method
Put marshmallows on skewers.  In a small pot, over medium heat melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring constantly to ensure it doesn't burn.  Once fully melted, remove from heat and dip marshmallows into pot (use a spoon to help cover them).  Remove and immediately roll into graham cracker crumbs.  Lay on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet for 20 minutes to cool.  Plate and serve!  Yummy!

3 comments:

sugarplum14 said...

I'm not sure.. but I think Aubrey will LOVE these! How can you go wrong with ANYTHING on a stick!

Jinny said...

Jill, I am going to use these for Life Skills cooking as an Easter activity with some gum drops etc. added. They look great.

Thank you for the idea.

Love you lots,
Mom

Jenny said...

These were awesome! Thanks for coming to my party Jill!