Saturday, November 13, 2010

Spinach & Cheese Dip

For those of you who eat at Kelsey's you'll likely recognize this dish.  It tastes pretty close to their "Four Cheese Spinach Dip".  I've made this a number of times and always have friends say they enjoy it.  I usually double this recipe so it can serve a group of people.

1 package light cream cheese
1/2 package frozen, chopped spinach (thawed & drained)
2 tbsp minced red onion
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 c grated medium cheddar cheese
pinch of cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Throw everything except cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper into a bowl and mix until just incorporated.  Transfer mixture to a small ovenproof dish and sprinkling cayenne on top to taste. Top with cheddar. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.  Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 - 7 minutes before serving. Serve with baked pita wedges, tortilla chips or naan bread. SOOOOOOOOOOO delish!

*Update:  I have messed around with this recipe a bit and made a new one hereBoth are delish!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will attest to this being incredibly delicious. My mouth is watering looking at the photo!

Anonymous said...

So, I forgot to tell you that the first time I made this I didn't realize that a "clove" of garlic meant just one piece of the garlic!!! I used the whole thing. Yup. It would have scared the wickest of witches away! Anyways, I learned from my mistake and am passing this recipe onto my Sister-In-Law for our Easter dinner this weekend!!! I LOVE YOU JILL!!
xoxo
J.Botzang

JILL said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That much garlic would be hardcore. That makes me laugh Lil'J. Hope it turns out better this time around. Happy Easter :)