Saturday, November 13, 2010

London Fog

Today I spent the afternoon running a combine for my husband on the farm while he loaded bins.  For those of you know me, please stop laughing!  For those of you who might not, please let me explain.  I'm a city slicker that went country a few years ago.  This fact is difficult for some people to swallow.  Especially my Father who laughed far too hard on the phone tonight when I told him how I spent my day.  After what has felt like a very long day, I find myself curled up on the couch with another yummy beverage.  A few years ago a great friend of mine introduced me to 'London Fogs' and they are now my pick-me-up after a long day.  It's one of my top choices at Starbucks. (up there with Soy Tazo Chai Lattes, Vanilla Steamers and Pumpkin Spiced Lattes).  I figured out a pretty decent way to create this at home, and for a fraction of the cost! 

1 Vanilla Earl Grey tea bag
1/4 c boiling water
2 - 3 tsp sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
1 c hot milk (I warm it up in the microwave for about 1.5 mins)

Boil Water. Pour into mug with tea bag and let steep for 3 minutes (make it strong since it will be diluted with milk).  Remove tea bag.  Dissolve sugar.  Pour in milk.  Stir. Enjoy!

Side note:  A London Fog is a 'Earl Grey Vanilla Misto' at Starbucks.  They seem to lose that perkiness in their voice when you order it incorrectly.  Bitche$.   :) ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good! I'll have to pick up some earl grey tea so that we can make it the next time you're over..... and also for the cookie exchange partay?