Monday, July 9, 2018

Hello stranger...

Oh...hey....ahem...this is awkward...
It’s been close to 3 years since I last wrote a blog post. I’ve thought about it many times particularly when friends ask if I’m ever going to post again, but never found the time nor motivation to actually bang out a post. I used to love composing each post but for the last three years it felt like a chore, so I didn’t. Today I’ve decided it’s time to write again. This may be  the first and last for three more years but here we go. (I should preface this post by saying that for those of you who are new here I’m a terrible speller and I never proof read my posts before publishing, so if that’s the type of stuff that drives you batshit crazy this blog probably isn’t your jam...).

A lot has changed in the last three years. My then 1 year old peanut is now a fierce and fabulous four year old heading off to school in September. My husband and I welcomed another miracle baby into the world on March 1st, 2017 who is now a walking, rambunctious and precious little (big) boy. We lost our sweet Rylee-dog almost a year ago and our hearts still feel the void everyday. I joined weight watchers 6 weeks after having our son and was sucesssful on the program, however I have gained back 8lbs of the 70lbs so I need to rejoin the program I think... (dammit!).  Maybe this will help with accountability. We’ve renovated our main floor and gutted the kitchen. I have a sweet kitchen but have lost a bit of passion for cooking due to lack of time and energy.  Similar to my first, I took another extended maternity leave and will be returned to a new school in September. Hmm...that’s about all I can think of for now.

For the first number of years the blog was primarily focused on cooking, then shifted to a lifestyle blog that touched on a little of everything, particularly my infertility struggles. My hope going forward is to post once a week with content ranging from kid friendly recipes and activities to motherhood truths and everything in between.

There - - I did it!! .... slow clap....

No comments: