Friday, September 4, 2015

Here we go!


 
The last 17 months with my Peanut have been amazing. Don't get me wrong, there have been days where I wished that I were at work dealing with 30 pubescent teens instead of at home dealing with explosive baby shit, witching hours, and mystery temper tantrums but all in all it has been awesome. The good times definitely outweigh the rough ones. I count my blessings daily for being in the position to be able to take 17 months off. I have 3 more days before the mayhem begins -- 3 freaking days to make count. GAH!! I am really looking forward to restoring balance in my life again though. Being a stay at home mom for the last year and a half has caused me to feel like I have an imbalance - it will be nice to shift my focus to my career during working hours and be more present while spending time with my daughter and husband. I'm sad that I won't be 'raising' Peanut during working hours but I am so flippin' happy with her daycare provider and the kiddos she will be chillin' with all week. Peanut is loving it there so far.

To all my fellow teachers, best of luck as you start up another school year. To parents who are sending their children off to school, good luck to you as well. Here's to another amazing school year for all!

No comments: