Sunday, September 20, 2015

Meal Planning

I am entering the third week of being a full time working Mom and this shit is no joke! I have had some great days and I've had some flat out terrible ones (my husband can attest to that). One thing that I have found helps immensely is meal planning. I'm usually a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type when it comes to cooking but this approach hasn't been difficult to get used to at all. In fact, I've noticed that we are now using up frozen meats that have sat for a few months and I am trying out new recipes. A win-win! This is what has worked for us so far;

Saturday:
- check out "Flip" app to see what meats are on sale this week
- Troll Pinterest for recipe ideas (sometimes they are based off of items we have already & what's on sale)
- Pick at least 1 meal that will provide some leftovers for lunches (we love leftovers in this house!)
- We leave one day empty or for leftovers just in case we go out
- We love pizza here so we have homemade, frozen or ordered pizza about once a week
- Pin to a board labeled "This Weeks Meals" so when I'm cooking I have the recipe right there
- Make grocery list

Sunday:
- Groceries during nap time
- Write menu on whiteboard on fridge

Easy peasy!

No comments: