Monday, January 6, 2014

Quick & Easy Chicken Parm

Regardless of the fact that I have blonde hair and blue eyes, I think I should have been born into an Italian family.  I f'n love red wine like nobody's business, I can eat enough pizza to sink a ship and pasta, oh man. So good. On boxing day I had lunch with a few high school friends.  We opted to go out for lunch so we didn't have to worry about cooking anything and could spend the time together catching up instead.  My girlfriend ordered chicken parmesan that was literally the size of her face (honest to God, that's actually how they advertised it on the menu!).  Since then I have wanted to make a simple recipe for it. We really enjoyed it and I hope you do too!

Yield: 2 Servings

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, tenderized
2 tablespoons flour
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup of a mixture of panko breadcrumbs & freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pasta sauce
1/4 cup grated mozza and parmesan cheese to top

Method
In a ziplock bag or between plastic wrap place both chicken breasts. Using a meat tenderizer flatten out those breasts. Remove from plastic and coast breasts with flour. Dip into beaten egg.  Then coat generously with breadcrumb/parmesan cheese mixture.  Place in a greased oven safe dish and top with pasta sauce and mozza/parmesan cheese.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over pasta.

No comments: