Sunday, January 26, 2014

Let the Games Begin!

My husband and I have been completely avoiding the fact that we have to get our asses in gear and prepare for the arrival of our little one.  I mentioned in a previous post that our infertility experience has taught me to slow down and smell the roses. I no longer plan my life months in advance and enjoy savouring the little beautiful moments that each day brings. Perhaps that's why we've found ourselves taking our time with preparations.  I'm moving into the third trimester which means baby will be here in a few short months, which also means that we can't push things for much longer. The first coat of paint went on the walls today for the baby's room and we are totally diggin' the fresh colour. I think this is the push we needed to get things done. I'm not going to lie, it is completely overwhelming making so many decisions. Names, childcare, nursery colours, strollers, highchairs, blah blah blah. It's enough to make you go crazy! I plan on getting everything done over the next few weeks so that I can return back to my 'smell to roses' mentality and enjoy every single moment that is left in this pregnancy. We worked so hard to get here and it would be a shame to stress the remaining weeks away.  Here are a few sneak peek pictures of the nursery along with some of the pictures I'm using for inspiration (thank God for Pinterest!). We have decided on a mint and coral colour scheme and I'm looking forward to having it all come together.  I don't want the nursery to be as 'cluttered' as the inspiration pictures but you get the idea...

Inspirational Picture (pic from www.decorpad.com)

Bird art from HomeSense

Nursery Before Picture
 
First coat of paint is up!

No comments: