Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pear & Brie Wrapped in Crescent Rolls

I'm not just saying that either. Cubed, sliced, melted -- I'll eat it any way it's given to me (that's what she said).  It's a bad habit. The only cheese that I don't like is blue cheese.  (Side note: Don't ever order Spicy Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Boston Pizza -- it has blue cheese and tastes like vomit).  For a treat every once in a while I bring home a small wheel of brie cheese.  I shouldn't but I do. It usually disappears fairly quickly however a few weeks ago I found that I had a half wheel left over and it needed to be used up asap or it was going to go be tossed (gasp! That can't happen!).  I made a rare purchase of Pillsbury crescent rolls at the grocery store to use with the leftover brie. I wrapped sliced pear and the leftover brie in the rolls. It was delish!  They were ridiculously easy to make and amazing for breakfast with a mug of coffee. I have some puff pastry in my freezer that I'd like to do this with next time I need to take an appetizer somewhere. mmmmm......


Forgot to take a picture but this is what they looked like (sortta!)
Pic borrow from here
Ingredients
1 package of Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
1/2 small wheel of brie cheese, thinly sliced
a pinch of nutmeg

Method
Preheat oven to 375F. Unroll and separate out each dough triangle.  On each triangle place two sliced of pear and 1 slice of brie, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg and wrap dough around.  I didn't create the crescent roll shape but rather made sure the pear and cheese was sealed inside the dough so it wouldn't ooze out everywhere.  Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the dough turns golden.  Serve warm.

No comments: