Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Omelets

I think most people would agree with me when I say that weekends are sacred.  They are a time to regroup, relax, complete things on the never ending to-do-list, and spend quality time with loved ones. I am far from a morning person, but my absolute favourite time of the weekend is sipping on coffee in the morning with my husband.  It is pure relaxation.  It was especially satisfying this weekend since it was our first weekend in our new place and we are working on establishing new routines and rituals.  To accompany our mugs freshly ground Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee (scored it here) I made big ol' omelets. Delish!

Yield: 1 omelet

Ingredients
2 whole eggs
1 egg white
**Toppings will vary depending on your tastes
onion, chopped
Spinach, chopped
cheese, grated
red pepper, chopped
spicy salami, cubed
salt & pepper
butter

Method
Over medium to high heat, melt butter in a medium frying pan. Beat eggs, salt and pepper together.  Pour into pan once butter is bubbling. Sprinkle toppings on one side of eggs.  Lower heat to medium, and cook egg until it's just about cooked through. Flip the omelet in half and cook a few more minutes until egg is cooked.
Enjoy!

No comments: