Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pizza Dough Balls

Happy Mother's Day!

*I started to write this post the day after Mother's Day and am just now getting around to posting it.  It's been a crazy busy week yet again.

We hosted a Hubby Birthday/Mother's Day/New Home Open House dinner on Sunday and had family for dinner.  I made lasagna, caesar salad and garlic bread.  It was a meal that I made ahead of time so I was able to visit with family on the deck while it cooked in the oven. 

I had fresh pizza dough in the fridge that was meant for lunch on Saturday with my Mom but she broke her foot and was unable to travel this way for Mother's Day weekend. Poor lady (Don't worry! I went home to see her!).  I decided to use the dough to make pizza dough balls.  It was SO easy and they were a huge hit!  I will be making these again for sure. I f'n love pizza.

Ingredients
Fresh pizza dough, separated into 18 pieces
18 small cubes of mozza cheese
18 slices pepperoni
1 can pizza sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of assorted herbs/spices (oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, garlic powder)
2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese

Method
Place a cube of cheese and a slice of pepperoni in the middle of a piece of dough, wrap and press seams together.  Place seam side down in a greased glass pie plate.  Repeat 17 more times!  Mix olive oil and herbs/spices and paint over the top of the dough balls.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes.  Serve with warmed up pizza sauce for dipping.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when Im back to eating bread, I am making these asap xoxo yum
love jenO