Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Salsa

I don't know what I was thinking but I decided to hit Costco on Friday evening after work. Hell.On.Earth. Why don't people understand how to operate a shopping cart? It's a simple concept folks - stick to the right and everyone will keep moving.  That is until someone decides to leave their cart in the middle of the isle, on a slight angle preventing everyone from getting by all because they saw the jumbo ketchup on sale back 10 feet.  I digress. 2 months ago I purchased amazing salsa from Costco so I was on a mission to get it again since my brother, sister-in-law and adorable nephew were visiting the following day. Darn it!  They weren't carrying that brand anymore. I decided to whip together some homemade salsa instead so grabbed some tomatoes and red peppers and headed for the checkout (who am I kidding!? I didn't just purchase those two items.  I've never left Costco without dropping at least a hundred buckaroos).  The salsa turned out pretty good!

Ingredients
6-8 tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, diced (small)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/8 cup diced jalapenos (alter amount depending on heat tolerance)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt

Method
Toss everything into a pot and simmer for 1 hour, stirring every so often.  Cool and serve.  Keeps in fridge for a week.




No comments: