Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cold Remedies

Today was a busy day of holding down the couch.  Within the first few weeks of every new school year colds are spread around the school like wild fires. I usually fight them off for at least the first few weeks but this year, not so much. It's only week 2 and I'm home sick.  Ugh!  I am determined to recover by tomorrow and am doing everything I can to get to a healthier state.  I've always hated taking medication because I don't feel I benefit at all from it.  In fact, it usually leaves me feeling groggy and with less money in my wallet.  Today's helpful home remedies include:


Gingered Carrot and Squash Soup (leftovers from the fridge - woot woot!)

Vicks Steamer
1 teaspoon Vicks Vaporub
Salad bowl of boiling water

Melt vaporub in water. Cover with a towel and pop your head in there and take deep breaths. Amazing!

Ginger Tea
4 cups water
1 tablespoon sliced fresh ginger

Over high heat bring water to a boil.  Add fresh ginger and boil for 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and strain ginger.  Pour water into a mug with a slice of lemon.  Enjoy!

Neti Pot
Find more information here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should take vit C. I take 2 daily and knock on wood, but Im a healthy camper,, and my kiddies and way more snotty then yours xoxoxoxo love you,, get better quickly xoxoxo
Jjo xoxo