Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kale Chips

Kale is my new best friend.  We are so close that I would almost be willing to wear this tee.  A few more weeks of hanging out and maybe I could be persuaded.  This morning I made kale chips and I am PUMPED about the outcome. I am by far a salty and savoury snacker and would demolish a bag of Miss. Vicky's over a bowl of ice cream any day! I am thrilled to have found a chip alternative.  WOOT WOOT (fist pump to the air...).  They are ridiculously easy to make and you can put whatever seasoning on them you heart desires.  Today I did an olive oil with soy sauce and freshly ground pepper.  YUMMY!



Ingredients
1/2 a bunch of kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
freshly ground pepper




Method
Wash kale, dry and trim the steams off.  Rip into bite sized pieces (I didn't do this but next time I will) and lay on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. In a small bowl mix olive oil and soy sauce.  Paint onto kale leaves.  Sprinkle pepper on top.  Pop in oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on a paper towel so excess oil is removed.  Serve at room temperature once they have crisped up. YUMMY!

No comments: