Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

It's official. We no longer have a baby. Our toddler turned one about three weeks ago and I handled it far better than I thought. No tears!! Perhaps it was because the three of us decided last minute to head off to Mexico for the week?! hmm...maybe. Upon our return we hosted a family Birthday Party for Peanut. If I'm being entirely honest, I didn't want to have a party for her but my husband somehow talked me into it. I've always thought that Birthday parties for babies and toddlers are overkill and are really just for the parents. I guess this makes me a hypocrite right? Regardless, we hosted a causal lunch get together on Easter weekend with our immediate families and Peanut had a ball. Thank you Pinterest and the dollar store for giving me so many simple party ideas. We managed to pull the party together with only a few hours of work and without spending a lot.  Including babies we had 18 people here (yup! that's only immediate family!) for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon. We decided on a pink and gold "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" theme.

For lunch we served pink lemonade, taco dip, a veggie tray, chips and dip, pickles, and make-your-own sandwiches with a selection of sliced meats and cheeses. Super duper easy! My sister-in-law graciously agreed to be in charge of dessert which included a baby friendly cake for the birthday girl, cupcakes and an angel food cake.

Decorations consisted of balloons, leftover circle garland from Peanuts nursery, framed monthly pictures, precut foam stars, my grandmothers lace table cloths, and curly pink and gold ribbon. The only activity that we had for our guests was filling out a little keepsake questionnaire that I will put in Peanuts memory box for her to read when she's older. Overall I am very pleased with how the party turned out. Here are some pics.




No comments: