Saturday, November 3, 2012

Simple Cinnamon Muffins

The last thing I remember as I dozed off last night was saying to my husband, "We finally get to sleep in tomorrow..." Pfff, right.  My internal alarm clock woke me up at 6:08 am. Dammit. After laying in bed for an hour trying to get back to sleep I decided to tip toe downstairs.  Wowza! The first big frost of the year.  You know what that means? Christmas is coming SOON!  Cue the Christmas tunes! (j/k - I didn't actually play holiday music....yet).  It was a little chilly in here so I built a fire, made myself a warm Chai Latte and whipped together cinnamon muffins all in 10 minutes flat.  Now my butt is on the couch relaxing and I'm actually quite pleased I woke up early because it's mornings like these that make a crazy ass week completely worth it. Happy Saturday morning everyone.  Enjoy every blissful minute of it.

Yield: 8 large muffins

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 brown sugar
1/2 cup veggie oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten

Method
Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet ingredients in another and mix. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Be sure not to over mix. Using muffin liners fill 8 cups just over 3/4 full. Fill the empty cups half full with water (putting empty bakeware in the oven can be damaging to them). Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean when you poke your muffin (that's what she said).

Since we are eating these for breakfast I'm not making icing however if you wanted to you could mix 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons of milk (or cream). Enjoy!

PS: Don't forget to change your clocks tonight!


No comments: