Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Zero Point Taco Soup & Rejoining WW's

I just spent a glorious week at a cottage in the Sandbanks area with the family I spent my days relaxing, visiting, eating, and drinking. I woke up on our last morning feeling mighty bloated.  I check my phone and saw an email in my inbox for 50% off of Weight Watchers. Hmm...if that wasn't a sign that I needed to get my ass in gear, I don't know what is.  I decided it was time to rejoin - my clothes are fitting tighter and I haven't been accountable with my eating for months.  I had previously been on the online version of Weight Watchers for the 9 months following the birth of my son and was quite successful, however since Christmas I've gained 10.2lbs so I know I need more accountability.  I decided it would be wise to join the WW meetings as well.  This means that I have to weigh-in in front of someone, and have the choice to sit in on a meeting to chat with other people going through a similar jo
urney. I am also able to earn a free lifetime membership if I hit and maintain my goal weight, an option not available to on-line members. SOLD!!! I love FREE shit! Talk about some added motivation to get this muffin top under control.

While off on my previous maternity leave with my daughter, a friend had us over for a playdate and served a "Taco Soup" to us. It was awesome - my then 8 month old gobbled it up and so did I.  Since then, I have adapted the recipe to suit our family and it's usually on the dinner menu every 3 weeks or so.  It's perfect for lunch leftovers too! I drain the liquid when serving to the kiddos just to make it a bit easier. This recipe is considered 0 freestyle points so enjoy a big, filling bowl with no guilt! Yum!


Yield: 8ish portions
Ingredients
2-4 boneless & skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken stock
1 can of corn
1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing powder
*Optional - top with fat free plain Greek yogurt
*Optional - top with shredded cheese for a point or two.

Method
Toss all ingredients into a crock pot and cook on high for 4ish hours or low for 8ish hours. Remove chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Mix shredded chicken back in and serve with greek yogurt and/or shredded cheese. So delish!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was so good! I strained it out for my daughter and put it into a wrap for “tacos” and she gobbled it up! ❤️