Thursday, August 21, 2014

Veggie Garden & Zucchini Muffins

Since peanut has arrived I haven't had time/energy to do some of the things I used to do.  My husband has been amazing at picking up the slack whether it be dishes, cooking or tidying.  He was determined to get a vegetable garden in this summer and he has done an amazing job at maintaining it.  This year the garden is more of a spectator sport for me. I wander our there with peanut to check it out a few times a week, but beyond that I have absolutely nothing to do with it. This year my husband planted zucchini, buttercup squash, spinach, green beans, two varieties of lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus, rhubarb, and mini red peppers. Since it was planted a little late we haven't had much yet but there is certainly a ton of homegrown goodness coming our way. So far the lettuce and beans have been amazing! Our tomato plants are now 6 feet tall!  My mother in law gave me one of her huge zucchinis since ours aren't ready yet so I whipped up a double batch of my healthy-ish zucchini muffins. If you have an abundance of zucchini try out this recipe. It's pretty darn healthy and they taste great.


 






No comments: