Sunday, September 15, 2013

Simple Apple Crisp

I'm pretty sure I've posted at least one recipe for Apple Crisp on here but I couldn't find it.  Since the switch from 'Cooking with Modesty' to 'This is Jill' the search engine is completely messed up making it is more difficult to find older posts. Sorry guys. Technology can be a prick like that. If you are looking for older recipes I have included an achieve list to the right that is user friendly.  I decided to post this recipe since 99% of people will end up making apple crisp during the Fall season. It's a must. Last weekend I went apple picking and the Macintosh apples has been staring at me from the fruit bowl every day since --- today was the day I finally go my ass in gear and threw together a crisp. Toss vanilla ice cream on that bad boy and you're good to go.

Ingredients
medium cooking apples, sliced (macs are perfect for this!)                     
3/4 cup packed brown sugar                       
1/2 cup flour (regular or whole wheat)                             
1/2 cup oats                  
1/3 cup butter, softened                        
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon                        
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Method
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a square baking dish with non-stick spray and toss in apple slices.  In a bowl combine all other ingredients. Pour crumble over top of apples. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Bam!

1 comment: