Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chicken Noodle Soup

Today was the first time I left the house without my new wing-woman and it was weird! The entire time I was running errands I had the feeling that I was forgetting something.  It was nice to get out and have some alone time. I wish I could say that I went to get a pedicure, or massage, or met a girlfriend for coffee.  I went to the grocery store and Walmart - woot woot! Grabbed some groceries and came home to make a batch of homemade Chicken noodle soup.  My sister-in-law and her husband are expecting their first little one any day now and I wanted to be prepared to drop off a little something when they arrive home from the hospital. Noodle Soup it is!

Yeild: 6 servings
Pic and original recipe from here
Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, peeled and diced
4 celery stalks, small-diced
4 carrots, peeled and small-diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
salt and pepper
4 cups chicken stock
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken from the store)
2 cups wide egg noodles

Method
In a large pot over medium, heat olive oil. Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaves, parsley and salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables soften, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and noodles and simmer until the noodles are cooked, about 10 minutes more. Bam, Done!

No comments: